Ticket #40 (new Defect)
Need incremental iCalendar parsing to avoid blocking
|Reported by:||dreid@…||Owned by:||glyph@…|
Description (last modified by wsanchez@…) (diff)
http_PUT blocks while storing the calendar data, and it can take up to 5 minutes for a request involving a 208K ics file to complete. This is obviously a pretty good place for a DoS to happen. I suspect the culprit is the calendar validation, this stuff should be deferred to a thread.
Note we have a similar problem with XML; we probably need to switch to ElementTree or similar.
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Priority changed from 1: Blocker to 2: Expected
- Severity changed from Serious to Performance
- Milestone set to Preview 1
- Summary changed from http_PUT blocks to Need incremental iCalendar parsing to avoid blocking
- Milestone changed from CalendarServer-2.x to CalendarServer-3.x
- Owner changed from wsanchez@… to glyph@…
- Status changed from assigned to new